One-Step Temporary Surface Protection
Skudo’s Construction Tack-Mat offers outstanding temporary surface protection that is easy to apply to both vertical and horizontal indoor surfaces, on floors, around corners such as stairs and door jams, on countertops, cabinets, windows and more. Tack-Mat features a unique self-stick surface – simply peel the backing paper and apply.
Tack-Mat provides surface protection for interior commercial and residential projects for up to 12 months. It is available in three grades of protection, Light Traffic (LT), Heavy Traffic (HT), and High Impact, and is made from recycled plastic bottles.
LT and HT Tack-Mat is available in rolls measuring 40“ wide by 165’ long, covering 560 Sq. Ft.
High Impact Tack-Mat is available in rolls measuring 40″ wide by 82.5′ long, covering 280 Sq. Ft.
Winner of the 2015 World of Concrete Most Innovative Product Award in the Concrete Construction Materials category.
LT Tack-Mat 2014 Honorable Mention for Most Innovative Product by the National Marine Manufacturer’s Association.
PLEASE NOTE: Skudo Tack-Mat is intended for interior use only and is not suited for areas that will be exposed to inclement weather and wind. For all-weather protection, Skudo recommends the Commercial System (HT grade).
Amazing stain resistance and easy peel and stick application
• Strong bond with the surface blocks any dirt and debris from ever coming into contact with the protected substrate
• Impact protection from machinery through to foot traffic
• Stain proof protection against spills from chemicals, solvents, paints and oils
• Provides a slip resistant surface that is seamless and stationary
• Protects against color changing UV rays
• Can be used in any temperature: -20°F to +200°F
• HT Tack-Mat has a fire retardant in the coating
• Easy to adjust or inspect surface, simply peel up and re-position
• Not suitable for areas that will be subject to high levels of wind and rain
How heavy is your expected construction traffic?
Skudo offers three grades of Construction Tack-Mat – HT (Heavy Traffic), LT (Light Traffic) and High Impact.
All grades offer the full benefits of peel and stick protection and the highest level of stain resistance. The difference in the grades is the durability of the top layer. For example, HT Tack-Mat withstands machinery (forklifts or man lifts) as well as shoring. LT Mat can handle foot traffic, carts and trolleys, and scaffolding, and High Impact takes that protection one step further by offering superior impact resistance for delicate surfaces. Your Skudo representative can make a recommendation based on your expected construction environment.
Versatility in substrates, spaces, temperature
- Like the classic Commercial System, use Tack-Mat on marble, stone, granite, concrete (fully cured), tile, wood, metals.*
- Tack-Mat is the only Skudo product for sensitive surfaces, such as vinyl, rubber, and laminate flooring. Also can be used on glass.*
- Usable in a wide range of temperatures from below freezing to the hottest days.
- Ideal for vertical surfaces, such as interior walls, doors, built-ins and cabinetry.
- Easily used in small spaces such as showers, tubs, counter-tops.
* Please see your Skudo Representative to determine which version of Tack-Mat is best suited for your project.
DISCLAIMER: Skudo Tack-Mat is intended for interior use only and is not suited for areas that will be exposed to inclement weather and wind. For all-weather protection, Skudo would recommend the Commercial System (HT grade).
All adhesives have the potential to lift finished coatings or paint depending on the condition and age of the surface. Testing a small piece in a non-critical area will help you judge suitability for use.