One-Step Temporary Surface Protection
Skudo’s Construction Tack-Mat offers outstanding temporary surface protection that is easy to apply to a wide variety of indoor surfaces. Tack-Mat features a unique self-stick surface – simply peel the backing paper and apply. Construction Tack-Mat provides surface protection for interior commercial and residential projects for up to 12 months. It is available in three grades of protection: Heavy Traffic (HT), High Impact (HI), and Light Traffic (LT). See product details below:
HT (Heavy Traffic) Tack-Mat (horizontal surfaces only) Roll sizes available:
- Standard: 40″ x 165′ (550 sq. ft. )
HI (High Impact) Tack-Mat Roll sizes available:
- Standard: 40″ x 65′ (215 sq. ft.)
LT (Light Traffic) Tack-Mat Roll sizes available:
- Standard: 40″ x 165′ (550 sq. ft.)
- Counter Mat: 27″ x 82′ (184 sq. ft.)
- Edge Protect 12 in: 12″ x 82′ (82 sq. ft.)
- Edge Protect 8 in: 8″ x 50′ (33.3 sq. ft.)
Winner of the 2015 World of Concrete Most Innovative Product Award in the Concrete Construction Materials category.
LT Tack-Mat 2014 Honorable Mention for Most Innovative Product by the National Marine Manufacturer’s Association.
PLEASE NOTE: Skudo Tack-Mat is intended for interior use only and is not suited for areas that will be exposed to inclement weather and wind. For all-weather protection, Skudo recommends the Commercial System (HT grade).
Amazing stain resistance and easy peel and stick application
• Strong bond with the surface blocks any dirt and debris from ever coming into contact with the protected substrate • Impact protection from machinery through to foot traffic • Stain proof protection against spills from chemicals, solvents, paints and oils • Provides a slip resistant surface that is seamless and stationary • Protects against color changing UV rays • Can be used in any temperature: -20°F to +200°F • Fire retardant in the coating (HT grade only) • Easy to adjust or inspect surface, simply peel up and re-position • Not suitable for areas that will be subject to high levels of wind and rain
How heavy is your expected construction traffic?
Skudo offers three grades of Construction Tack-Mat:
- HT (Heavy Traffic)
- HI (High Impact)
- LT (Light Traffic)
All grades offer the full benefits of peel and stick protection and the highest level of stain resistance. The difference in the grades is the durability of the top layer. For example, HT Tack-Mat withstands machinery (forklifts or man lifts) as well as shoring. LT Mat can handle foot traffic, carts and trolleys, and scaffolding, and High Impact takes that protection one step further by offering superior impact resistance for delicate surfaces. Please Note: HT Tack-Mat is only for use on horizontal surfaces. LT and HI can be used on both horizontal and vertical surfaces.
What is the project size & surface area to be protected?
HT Construction Tack-Mat is currently available in standard 560 sq. ft. rolls (40″ wide x 165′ long). HI Construction Tack-Mat is currently available in standard 280 sq. ft. rolls (40″ wide x 82.5′ long). LT Construction Tack-Mat is currently available in multiple roll sizes depending on your specific project needs: Standard roll (LT):
- 550 sq. ft. (40″ wide x 165′ long)
- For general construction use
Counter Mat (LT):
- 184 sq. ft. (27” wide x 82’ long)
- Specifically sized and designed for use on countertops and other kitchen and bath surfaces.
Edge Protect (LT):
- 8 in: 33.3 sq. ft. (8.5″ wide x 50′ long)
- 12 in: 82 sq. ft. (12″ wide x 82′ long)
- Specifically sized and designed for use on edges, such as window/door frames, railings, and ledges.
Not sure yet which mat type is the best fit for your project? Contact a Skudo representative – they will be happy to discuss your project with you and make a recommendation based on your expected construction environment.
Versatility in substrates, spaces, temperature
- Tack-Mat is ideal for use on marble, stone, granite, tile, wood*, metals.**
- Tack-Mat can also be used on sensitive surfaces, such as vinyl, rubber, concrete, epoxy, laminate flooring, and even glass.**
- Usable in a wide range of temperatures from below freezing to the hottest days.
- Ideal for vertical surfaces, such as interior walls, doors, built-ins and cabinetry (LT and HI only).
- Easily used in small spaces such as showers, tubs, counter-tops.
*Important Note: Only use Skudo Tack-Mat on sealed hardwood with a hard wearing factory finished surface (eg : Aluminum Oxide). If in question, please contact Skudo for suitability testing. ** Please see your Skudo Representative to determine which version of Tack-Mat is best suited for your project.
DISCLAIMER: Skudo Tack-Mat is intended for interior use only and is not suited for areas that will be exposed to inclement weather and wind. For all-weather protection, Skudo would recommend the Commercial System (HT grade).
All adhesives have the potential to lift finished coatings or paint depending on the condition and age of the surface. Testing a small piece in a non-critical area will help you judge suitability for use.