Temporary surface protection for marine surfaces
Skudo Marine Tack-Mat is a flexible Mat that temporarily adheres to any marine interior surface, including teak decking and built-ins. The LT (Light Traffic) Tack-Mat protects against scratches, surface abrasion, dirt, spills and stains from paint and oil, while the HT (Heavy Traffic) grade also resists damages that can occur from welding or heavier equipment. When applied to decking, Marine Tack-Mat provides a slip resistant walking surface.
Marine Tack-Mat was awarded an honorable mention for most Innovative Product on September 30, 2014 by the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA). Tack-Mat was also successfully trialed by Riviera, the largest and most awarded luxury boat building company in Australia, who used it on several crafts.
Marine Tack-Mat is available in 560 SF rolls of either Light Traffic (LT) or Heavy Traffic (HT) grades.
Note: All adhesives have the potential to lift finished coatings or paint depending on the condition and age of the surface. Testing a small piece in a non-critical area will help you judge suitability for use.
PLEASE NOTE: Skudo Tack-Mat is intended for interior use only and is not suited for areas that will be exposed to inclement weather and wind.
A user-friendly solution for marine surface protection
• Can be used to protect a wide variety of marine surfaces, including fiberglass, FRP, teak decking, hardwoods, railings, windows, and more
• Stain proof protection against spills from chemicals, solvents, paints and oils
• Provides a slip resistant surface that is seamless and stationary
• Can be used in any temperature: -40°F to +270°F
• HT Tack-Mat has a fire retardant in the coating
• Easy to adjust or inspect surface, simply peel up and re-position
• Not suitable for areas that will be subject to high levels of wind and rain
Adaptable protection for all job types
Marine Tack-Mat protects all walls and floors including:
- Fiberglass and FRP
- Teak Decking
- Other Hardwoods – sealed & unsealed
- Doors and cabinets
- Stainless steel and aluminum
- Staircases and handrails
- Glass, windows, and plexiglass
- Granite or marble countertops
- Steel and other metals
- Fabrics and furniture – vinyl
- Carpets, rugs, and linoleum
- Bathtubs and showers